• Drawing from life: proportions, pencil strokes, shading, colour and tone.
• Painting: mixing colours, colour theory, technology of painting with acrylic and watercolour paint.
• Use of mixed media.
• Plan individual project work and group projects.
• Safe working practice.
Please note that you will need to provide all the materials for your own projects. These can be discussed with the tutor in class, but to begin with they will include:
• A3 Drawing pad/A3 or A4 Mixed media Pad
• 2 pencils: hard HB and soft B4-B7 and an eraser
• Set of watercolour paints (preferable of good quality and in the pans not tubes)
• Set of acrylic paints
• 3 brushes of different sizes (1; 4; 9) made of soft natural or artificial fibre
• Blue/white tack
• Masking tape (wide)
• Paper towels