• Brush strokes, shading, colour, tone, form and texture
• Basic colour theory
• Wet-on-dry/ wet-on-wet
• Dry brush and overlaying washes
• Planning of individual project work with a variety of studies to choose from
• Safe working practice.
Please note that you will need to provide all the materials for your own projects. To begin with they will include:
• A4 Watercolour paper pads
• HB pencil
• Watercolour palette
• Set of good quality Watercolour paints (e.g Newton and Windsor) preferably in pans not in tubes
• 3 brushes of different sizes (1; 4; 9) made of soft natural or artificial fibre
• Blue/white tack
• Masking tape (wide)
• Paper towels.